A Bit More Fitness from Your Ride
8 London Cycle routes to get you pedalling a little harder
So, you fancy getting into cycling (more than a family ride with the younger ones) but aren’t sure where to head for a great route? Fear not, we’ve got a handful of parks and trail routes we reckon are great for dipping your toe in the water…
1) Richmond Park trails – offering short trails around the iconic park that can easily be extended
2) The Olympic Park to Epping Forest – this one is recommended by Time Out and is definitely not a road route! One for those of you who fancy an off road 25km.
3) Back to Richmond (it is a great spot for cyclists, go check it out!), and the route from Richmond to Weybridge is 25km with a mix of Road & Trail
4) Greenwich to North Downs – a tricky hill heavy 50km route, but with the beautiful Kent countryside to see you through.
5) Heading out St Albans on the train and speed your way around the fabulous St Albans Green Ring. It's only 9km but once you're done, you can cycle up the short but steep Holy Well Hill for some added thigh burn. Stop at Charlie's Coffee & Company before heading back to the big smoke.
6) For the royalists among you, why not cycle over to Windsor and take a look at the beautiful chapel as well as the green scenery.
7) If you really fancy a challenge, we’ve heard the Box Hill Olympic Circuit ride is pretty difficult (Time Out love it and Red Bull sponsor it so...).
8) If you’re based in Surrey, Joanna Rowsell Shand the Olympic cycling champion told The Telegraph her favourite routes in the beautiful county – check out the full article here
9) Aah, the bonus route has snuck in at the end here. If you fancy driving out to enjoy a route that bit further away, fancy a day trip or live in the South-East, Bedgebury Pinetum has a fantastic range of routes across all levels with multiple distances (and with a cosy café by the lake to reward yourself after a ride).
💡 Questions: Are there any routes you recommend or reckon we have just got to add to the list? Let us know on Instagram or Facebook - all that good social sort of stuff.
🚲 What a load of kit: Get the kit to ride a little further... in style
Avoid chilly hands and get better grip with a pair of Phew.cc Windster gloves
Sit on a something worthy of a quite epic journey with a Grafton Saddler brogued saddle
Take a little celebration G&T with you in a KPP Boozette tote bag