This Policy applies as between you, the User of the Gallivant.bike web site and Gallivant Ltd, the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Gallivant.bike site and any Services or Systems therein.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and site users. We take your privacy seriously and treat all the information you give us with great care.
As a data controller we make every endeavour to comply fully with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other relevant legislation including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Gallivant.bike site;
means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
means a small text file placed on your computer by Gallivant when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, Cookies may be used to store your Transition Bag. Further details are contained in the 'Cookies' clause of this policy, below;
means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
means Gallivant, trading name of Gallivant Ltd, 2 Prestwood Gate Sandridge Road, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL14AE;
means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Gallivant makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
means any online communications infrastructure that Gallivant makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
“User” / “Users”
means any third party that accesses the Gallivant.bike site and is not employed by Gallivant and acting in the course of their employment; and
means the website that you are currently using (www.Gallivant.com) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Our Promises
- To be clear about why we need to collect your personal information and what we are going to use it for;
- To make it easy for you to tell us how you would like us to keep in touch;
- To only collect the information we need to make sure we deliver the best service;
- To never sell or share your personal information, or let other organisations use it for marketing;
- To take good care of your personal information, and make sure it is up to date, safe and secure at all times;
- To make sure that the brand partners with whom we work adhere to the very same standard we do when handling your personal information
- To make sure that any suppliers who carry out work on our behalf meet the same high standards that we adhere to when handling your personal information;
3. Policy Overview
We collect personal information from our customers and subscribers. In addition we also collect details automatically about the pages you visit on our website. Please see our Cookies policy below for more information.
In opting to share your personal information with us, you will be agreeing to our collection and use of your information as described in this policy.
If you no longer want us to process your personal details you can ask us to stop at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use the information you share with us to:
Make sure you receive the product, service or information you have requested or bought;
Carry out reasonable administration of your customer details and keep internal records;
To keep in touch with you in the way that you want us to;
To better understand our customers and subscribers so that we can personalise and improve the services and products that we offer.
For details of how we do this please see the full policy below.
We will need to make changes to this policy from time to time, to make sure that we are always providing you the latest information about what is happening to your personal information. Please check back regularly if you wish to see changes that have been made.
4. What information do we collect?
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
Date of birth;
Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers*;
IP address (automatically collected);
Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
Operating system (automatically collected);
A list of Gallivant URLs visited, starting with a referring site, your activity on this Gallivant.bike site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Details of purchases;
Interaction with our social media pages; and
Cookie information (see Clause 10 below).
* This data is stored by the Shopify payment system we use and never held or seen by Gallivant.
5. What do we do with your information?
We will make sure that you receive the product or service you have requested, process any payments and send you information relating to that service.
We will also do our best to keep your information up to date. This includes monitoring returned mail to let us know if you no longer live at the address we hold for you and bounced emails. We also use information from the Post Office's National Change of Address database, the telephone preference service, the mailing preference service, the Bereavement Register and other similar suppression lists to make sure we do not send communications to the wrong place or person.
Please do let us know if your details have changed.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
Receiving marketing information from Gallivant will always be your choice. You can change your mind at any time, and we will keep your preferences up to date.
We limit the number of marketing communications we send to make sure we are not sending you too much but we will try to send you sufficient information so that you do not miss relevant stories, new products, events and announcements relating to Gallivant and cycling more broadly.
We will only contact you for marketing purposes by telephone or text message (SMS) if you have told us we can.
We will only contact you by email if you have told us you would like to hear from us this way, or to let you know about services you have previously bought. Every email will have a link to enable you unsubscribe if you wish to stop this.
We may contact you occasionally by post, however you can also stop this at anytime by contacting email@example.com or calling us directly on 01727 610963
6. Who will have access to my information?
We will never sell your personal information, or let other organisations use it for their own purposes.
We will only share your personal information where:
We are legally required to, or as a result of a lawful request by a governmental or law enforcement authority.
We have engaged a supplier or contractor to carry out services on our behalf, such as order fulfilment, payment handling, delivery of purchases, search engine facilities, advertising, marketing, or carrying out research and analysis.
Any Data used by such third parties will be used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Gallivant requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.
We only work with trusted suppliers who have agreed to the terms of our Data Processor Agreement to treat your information as respectfully as we do and in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.
7. How do we keep your information safe?
The security of your personal information is paramount to us. Our networks are monitored to ensure they remain secure and all computers used by anyone working with or for Gallivant are password protected.
We also regularly review our measures to ensure they are as far as reasonably possible up to date and in line with latest developments, particularly when we are handling payment information.
If you have a password to allow access to certain parts of our website such as your personal account, you must keep that password safe and not share it with anyone or your personal information could be at risk.
Data that is transmitted via the internet or in email, cannot be 100% secure. As a global environment, transmitting data to us may take place outside the European Economic Area.
We will take every reasonable precaution to keep your information safe but it cannot be guaranteed and so please be aware that any information you do transmit to us is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use our best efforts to ensure its safety within our network, which sits within the European Economic Area.
We will only hold your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to carry out services and administer your relationship with us. Typically this is two years since your last interaction with us unless we are required to hold it longer for legal or taxation reasons.
If we dispose of your information it will always be done securely.
8. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
Gallivant may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business. This may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
9. Controlling Access to your Data
You have the right to a copy of the information we hold about you. This is called a subject access request. If you would like to make a subject access request you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with it as soon as possible. Alternatively, if you are an account holder you can view your data by logging into your account with us.
You have the right to have incorrect information corrected and the right to object to further processing of your personal information for direct marketing.
You also have the right to request that your data be deleted from our records at any time. If you would like to make such a request, you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com. We will ensure that your data is securely deleted within 48 hours of receiving such a request.
If you need help or have any questions about this policy and your rights in regarding the processing of your personal information please contact:
2 Prestwood Gate
For broader advice and guidance please contact the data protection regulator:
The Information Commissioner
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Fax: 01625 524510
10. Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device - for example, computer, tablet or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task.
Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested.
Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
Gallivant may set and access such first-party Cookies on your computer. These Cookies are integral to the services provided by the Web Site to you.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Gallivant.bike site.
You may delete Cookies, however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Gallivant.bike site more quickly.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
To make it easy for you to use and share our website we embed features from other websites such as Facebook, Twitter and certain other relevant sites. Browsing the Gallivant website may place cookies from these third party websites on your computer. Gallivant has no control over these cookies so it is not always possible to list them, and they are liable to change without notifying us.
In addition to these policies your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR. We will only process any data we hold about you in a lawful and fair manner. We will keep your data securely to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. Your personal data may have to be disclosed if we are required to disclose it by law, or as a result of a lawful request by a governmental or law enforcement authority.
To be totally clear, some cookies are likely to be involved in the use of almost every website. The primary ones that we use relate specifically to Google Analytics, which is an analytical tool that allows us to run our business more efficiently. Please contact us direct if you wish to discuss any aspect of this.
12. Changes to this Policy
General Competition Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions featured in any publications and online services that are organised by Gallivant Ltd.
- By entering a competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
- Gallivant Ltd may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
- The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom, i.e. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes. Gallivant Ltd may ask competition winners for proof of UK residency and if a competition winner is unable to prove their residency to Gallivant Ltd’s satisfaction (i.e. prove that they are physically present in the UK for 183 days or more in the previous or current UK tax year), Gallivant Ltd reserves the right to select an alternative winner. There is no minimum age limit unless specified otherwise in the competition information. However, entrants under the age of 18 must insert contact details of a parent or guardian when entering. Employees or board members of Gallivant Ltd and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) may not enter. The same goes for any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries;
- Where an entrant requires the details of his/her parent/guardian to be entered onto the entry forms, Gallivant Ltd may ask for proof of age and in all competitions evidence to verify the identity of that entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name.
- The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, e.g. photographs and drawings, and Gallivant’s use of such works (which you will permit) will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Any limit on the number of entries a person or household may make will be clearly stated in the competition information. Entries received that exceed this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method(s) indicated in the competition information. Not all of the following methods of entry may be available for entry to each competition. The following terms and conditions will apply where the method is indicated as being available in the competition information. Where entrants pay an entry fee, they must have the permission of the bill payer before entering; otherwise the entry will be invalid.
(a) Text (“SMS”) entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, SMS entrants are required to send a text to the shortcode or number as indicated in the competition information. Texts received by Gallivant Ltd will be charged at the standard operator rate, which will vary depending on the entrant’s mobile network provider. When a text message is received from Gallivant Ltd, sent to the same mobile phone from which the answer was sent, acknowledging receipt of the entry (a “Text Acknowledgement”), this will result in the entrant being charged the charge stated in the competition information. Please check with the relevant mobile network provider what standard network charge will apply. In the event that the entrant has insufficient funds, credits or capacity on their handset (as applicable) for the Text Acknowledgement to be successfully sent by Gallivant Ltd and received by the entrant within 72 hours of the original entry being received by Gallivant Ltd, the relevant entry will be deemed ineligible and will not be accepted.
Entries sent by text message which are received after the stated competition closing time will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition. If a text message entry is received by Gallivant Ltd after the stated competition closing time, the entrant will receive a free text message from Gallivant Ltd informing them that their entry was received late and was not therefore entered into the competition; however, the entrant will not be entitled to a refund of the standard network charge imposed by the entrant’s mobile network when they entered the competition by text message.
SMS entries received after the notified competition closing time will not be valid. Gallivant Ltd accepts no liability for any SMS entry charges incurred regardless of whether the entry is received before the competition closing time. SMS entrants may opt out of receiving any marketing messages in the confirmation message (please see rule 29 of these terms and conditions).
(b) Web entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, web entrants are required to follow the instructions on the website as indicated in the competition information. Entrants will receive a message confirming entry to the competition. Web entrants may be required to supply their name, and/or email address and/or a contact telephone number and/or any other details. In the event that entrants are required to pay to enter online, entrants will need to use the relevant payment service indicated in the competition information, and may need to open an account and register to pay for online entry to the competition. Online entry costs will be as indicated in the competition information. Entrants must read and accept the terms and conditions relating to the online entry pay service before proceeding with such a web entry.
(c) Email entry
Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, e-mail entrants may enter the competition by sending an e-mail with the information indicated in the competition information and at the email address indicated. There is no charge for email entries. Entrants may receive a message confirming their entry to the competition.
(d) Mobile Internet entry
Where available, entrants may enter the competition by Mobile Internet. Eligible entrants are required to click on the link to the competition on the relevant Mobile Internet webpage and follow instructions to provide the required information to enter the competition. Entries without all the required information will be invalid. Entrants will be charged £ [amount specified in competition details] for entering a competition via Mobile Internet together with any applicable network charges. Some mobile network operators will include the £ [amount specified in competition details] charge on the entrant’s telephone bill; others will send a Text Acknowledgement which will result in the entrant being charged £ [amount specified in competition details] . Mobile network operators may also charge their customers for using the Mobile Internet/browsing tools. Entrants should contact their network operator for more details as these charges may vary depending on the entrant’s mobile network operator and tariff.
(e) Entry via Social Network Sites
Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, Social Network Site entrants may enter the competition by responding with the information indicated in the competition details by posting their answer within their comment. There is no charge for such entries.
- Neither Gallivant Ltd nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Gallivant Ltd or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
- Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. more entries than a human being could submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated entries or, in the case of postal entries, more than one entry submitted under the same postage stamp) will not be accepted. Entrants may enter as many times as they like unless otherwise indicated in the competition information but no more than one prize per person per competition will be awarded.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by Gallivant Ltd will be void.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of Gallivant Ltd shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Gallivant Ltd will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where Gallivant Ltd decides in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. Gallivant Ltd reserves the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender’s part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition.
- The prize is as specified in the competition information.
- Where the winner is required to speak for the purposes of a film or video production they must appear to be able to communicate clearly and appropriately for the production in question. Gallivant Ltd reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that these requirements are not met.
- The process for determining the winner of the prize is as indicated in the competition information. Where the winner is randomly selected from all correct or valid entries, the draw for the winner will take place within 7 days of the date on which the competition closes.
- Prize draw prizes will be awarded in accordance with the laws of chance and, if required by law or regulation, under the supervision of an independent observer. Any competition requiring a subjective assessment in the selection of winning entries will be judged by Gallivant Ltd or as indicated in the competition information and, if required by law or regulation, an independent judge or a panel including one member who is independent of the competition’s promoters and intermediaries.
- Should more prizes be claimed than are available for any reason, a simple prize draw will take place for the available prize(s).
- Gallivant Ltd will attempt to notify the winner within 21 days after the closing date, or as otherwise indicated in the competition information, and where time is of the essence for such a period as Gallivant Ltd shall in its absolute discretion deem reasonable. He/she will be contacted on the phone number, by SMS text, or email address provided when entering the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize of 2 weeks. If Gallivant Ltd is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Gallivant Ltd reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
- Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in Gallivant Ltd’s determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the Competition at Gallivant Ltd’s sole discretion.
- Gallivant Ltd reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Gallivant Ltd that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
- Gallivant Ltd reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
- Gallivant Ltd shall try to deliver the prize to the winner within 28 days from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Gallivant Ltd reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
- In relation to all competitions, the first name and surname of the winner may be published by Gallivant Ltd and entrants grant to Gallivant Ltd a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Gallivant Ltd (or any third party nominated by Gallivant Ltd) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner’s (and (if applicable) their companion’s) name, address, and image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
- Information, data and the caller line identity (“personal data”) which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by Gallivant Ltd and their suppliers and contractors in order to administer the competition. If entrants call from a withheld caller line identity and do not provide their caller line identity when entering the competition, Gallivant Ltd may use the withheld caller line identity for customer care purposes such as refunds or communications relating to a service e.g. to notify a winner. Entrants’ personal data may also be passed to their mobile phone network or to relevant regulatory bodies including PhonePayPlus the police or other authorities in the course of the investigation of any complaints or suspected unlawful activity or where requested by the phone provider in connection with the billing arrangements for the competition. Aggregate, non personal data may also be used for the purpose of undertaking market research or in facilitating reviews, developments and improvements to Gallivant’s relevant services.
- Gallivant Ltd shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation, any successor legislation or other applicable law.
The BikeXchange by Gallivant or TBX (TM Pending)
The BikeXchange by Gallivant will exist on Facebook as a business page until such time as a website has been created. We will not at any time share or pass on any individual's information to any third party under any circumstances. As a subsidiary of Gallivant Ltd, by engaging with The BikeXchange by Gallivant, you also agree for Gallivant Ltd to use your email to share relevant information with you.
Please note that Gallivant has not yet fully launched this service. When it does the service will be based around a monthly membership fee of various levels, chosen by the member to best suit their bicycle needs. The membership fee will give the member access to one of our bicycle rental schemes. These schemes will include but not be limited to:
1. Kids membership: Rental/lease of the right sized bicycle for any aged/size child up to 13 years old or size TBX6. Starting from age 3 or size TBX1. As soon as your child reaches the need for the next size we will deliver the within 1 week (subject to availability).
2. Adult membership: Rental/lease of road, mountain or hybrid bikes on a medium to long term basis.
3. Any Bike any Time membership: Rental/lease of ebike, road, mountain or hybrid bike as well as any trailer or bike rack any time (subject to availability).
4. Ebike membership: Rental/lease of ebike on a medium to long term basis.
5. Ebike any Time membership: Rental/lease of ebike as well as any trailer or bike rack any time (subject to availability).
6. Insurance pack: Insurance will be offered on all memberships to cover loss or theft - conditions apply.
The membership is also subject to an joining fee as yet unspecified, but the fee will cover administration cost, deliver and pick up of products and one service per calendar year.
The membership will be able to be cancelled at any time the member wishes with 1 month (30 days) notice. At that point the member will need arrange for the product(s) they are renting/leasing to be sent back to TBX. This can be done using TBX's pick up service.
Wear and tear of the rented/leased bicycles will be judged to be normal and fair usage if there are minor scratches to the frame, wear to the tyres and/or new chain and/or brake pads are needed when returned. Any further damage will incur an incremental damage cost based on repair and parts.
Loss or theft of TBX products where it is deemed that the member has not taken the correct precautions to secure the product - ie, with an appropriate lock - the member will be liable to pay a penalty fee which could be up to the amount of a replacement product.